From 1 bobcat 20 years ago, North Star Contracting Inc. is now a full-service civil contracting company with over 150 employees working in the Underground Utilities, Paving, Concrete and Surface Industries. Having been recognized in the Civil construction industry for over 20 years, North Star has proudly completed many high-profile, multifaceted projects around the Calgary area. Our people are the foundation of our company and we pride ourselves in the culture we’ve created within North Star by hiring and promoting the right people. Join our team for the upcoming 2018 season and be part of our growth and success.
Apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recently established concrete division allows us to fully service our client’s needs reducing the need to subcontract. Our new equipment and experienced team have the knowledge and expertise to work on any size job. This industry is a tough one and finding the right people isn't always easy. We believe in our people and we know that those we do hire are have hired are the right fit to get the job done with quality and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper level of concrete is smooth.
- Ensure proper tools are used for the job.
- Proper finish (broom) is applied.
- Clean work site of any tools, debris and equipment.
- Behave in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves, their co-workers and others on the work sites.
- Reports unsafe work, unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor and participates in the investigative process.
- Attends and participates in toolbox and safety committee meetings as scheduled.
- Comply with established company policies and procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a finisher.
- Must be physically fit and able to bend over for long periods of time
- Basic carpentry skills and ability to read construction plans considered an asset.
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and safety practices.
- Active Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) Certification.
- Ground Disturbance.
- Valid First Aid.
- Must have Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean current drivers abstract.
- Must have own transportation with strong knowledge of Calgary and surrounding area.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication and reliability.
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Must be able to work as a member of a greater team.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must be available to work long hours including evenings and weekends during the work season April to December.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 – 75 lbs. forming material
- Must have CSA approved safety boots.
- High school diploma or GED, a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Safety courses will be required upon hiring.
- Additional education or work experience considered an asset.
Location: 64 Technology Way, Calgary AB. T3S 0B9
North Star Contracting is an equal opportunity employer and values the commitment of providing a good culture and fostering a team work-ethic to our employees. The safety and professionalism of our people are at the forefront of our business strategy and we are committed to providing the tools to help our people grow.Apply Now