Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with a fleet of primarily John Deere and Caterpillar construction equipment
• Troubleshooting and repair hydraulic, electric and engine issues
• Maintaining the service truck in an organized and clean manner at all times
• Complete regular preventative maintenance serviced on equipment
• Reports unsafe work, unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor and participates in the investigative process where applicable.
• Attends and participates in toolbox and hazard assessment meetings as scheduled.
• Comply with established company policies and procedures and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
• Able to work independently without supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2nd or 3rd year Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice would be preferred
• Experience with excavators, loaders,and CAT paving equipment would be considered and asset
• Available to work overtime and be able to manage a demanding schedule during our work season
• Previous service truck experience
• Clean Drivers Abstract
• Safety Certificates are considered an asset
• Must have own transportation with strong knowledge of Calgary and surrounding area.
• Dedicated, reliable and hard working.
• Must be able to work as a member of a greater team.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Must be available to work long hours including evenings and weekends during the busy season April to December.
• Required to work inside and outside through all seasons (winter, spring, fall and summer).
• Demanding position as it requires dependability for equipment to run.
• Must have CSA approved safety boots.
Location: 64 Technology Way, Calgary AB. T3S 0B9
North Star Contracting is an equal opportunity employer and values the commitment of providing a good culture and fostering a team work-ethic to our employees. The safety and professionalism of our people are at the forefront of our business strategy and we are committed to providing the tools to help our people grow.